Saturday, April 14, 2018


Dead As A Doornail Review

   I love this series.  There's a ghost to help solve the crime, a great main character in Kenni Lowry and a small town that feels authentic even down to the small town  gossip.  It feels like home to me.  I love the way Tonya makes me feel a part of the story.  I want to read more of this series and get to know everyone better.

Dead As A Doornail by Tonya Kappes


   
     Dead As A Doornail is the fifth book in the Kenni Lowry series by Tonya Kappes. Once again Sheriff Lowry finds there is a murderer in the small town of Cottonwood, Kentucky. When Kenni's Poppa shows up, she knows a murder has been committed. Lucy Lowell was known for writing bad   Dead As A Doornail is the fifth book in the Kenni Lowry series by Tonya Kappes. Once again Sheriff Lowry finds there is a murderer in the small town of Cottonwood, Kentucky. When Kenni's Poppa shows up, she knows a murder has been committed. Lucy Lowell was known for writing bad reviews in the town's newspaper. Now she is dead. Kenni along with Poppa, former sheriff and her grandfather's ghost, must find the killer before they find her.
     This is only the second one of this series I have read. It can be read as a stand alone. Tonya makes me feel like a part of this small community. I feel like I'm listening to the all of the town's gossip. She draws me in with characters that are lovable, familiar and full of wit and spunk. They are laugh out loud funny.
      The mystery is a page turning who-dun-it,with twists and turns along the way and a ghost to help solve the crime. Tonya kept me engrossed in the story with quirky characters, humor and a keep me guessing plot. I couldn't stop reading it until I reached the end.
      I received this ARC copy of the book from the author for review. This is an honest review.
  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment