Tuesday, April 17, 2018

 

 


DEATH al FRESCO



     Death al Fresco by Leslie Karst is the third book in the Sally Solari mystery series. Sally and Eric, her friend and the local D.A., are taking an open air painting class. Buster, Sally's dog, finds the body of a local fisherman on the beach. Sally must find the killer to save the family restaurant and her father's good name.

     This is the first book of the series that I have read. I really liked the fact that I didn't feel lost. I could follow the plot line and felt comfortable with the characters. I liked Sally. She was personable and strong. I also liked that she gave up being an attorney to become a restaurateur. She did her own thing and was happy.

     I liked the setting of the story in Santa Cruz. I felt like I was on the wharf watching the people. I could smell the wonderful aromas coming from the restaurants. The mystery has a page turning plot line that kept me guessing until the end. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a page turning mystery with great characters and a wonderful story. It also includes recipes.

     I received a copy of this book from the author for review. This is an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment